Usually, cleaning wood floors is more difficult and complicated than cleaning other flooring surfaces. Routine maintenance and sufficient care in daily life are very important to prolong the usage of floors and to retain flooring beauty. Here are our suggestions for you to follow:
1. Sweeping, vacuuming, or mopping is necessary at least once per week to keep dust and dirt away.
2. Clean the rugs, doormats, or carpet regularly. Be careful for the dusts in the crack between floors.
3. Good ventilation in your home/house/apartment can help you protect your floor and extend its usage life.
1. Please use humidifier or dehumidifier to control humidity between 35%-55%. Over dry or damp may permanently damage your wood flooring.
2. DO NOT use wet mop (with water) or vacuum with hard beater bar to clean the floor. Water may influence floor construction while hard beater bar may leave scratches on floor.
3. DO NOT use ammonia based, waxed based products ; DO NOT use cleansers designed to remove dust; DO NOT use oil soaps on the wood floor.
4. DO NOT drag heavy objects across the floors. If any possible, pick objects up.
5. DO NOT use sharp objects, such as rocks, gravel across floors.
6. DO NOT use rugs with rubber or vinyl backings, which can cause discoloration over time.
7. Avoid wearing spikes shoes on the wood floors, such as cleats, high heels.
8. Clean spills immediately.
9. Keep pets nails trimmed.
10. Recommend to use furniture leg protector or anything soft material under all furniture to protect floor.
CARB Phase 2 Compliant
Amador Wood Inc. commits to comply with the CARB regulation (California Air Resources Board), the most stringent regulation in the United State. It is governed by California Environmental Protection Agency and it defines the emission standards to reduce toxic air contaminants, aiming to maintain air quality and public health and being ecological friendly. Amador Wood Inc. will strictly follow the CARB rules in manufacturing processes and commits to supply environment friendly products.
It is important to note that the planks are natural products. Because of climate where trees grow, manufacturing processes, and natural wood characteristics, each plank has its unique color, knots, and grain patterns. Color variation, knots and grain patterns variation are natural variations of the wood and are out of people controlled. These situations are normal and no need to raise concern.
However, some species, caused by natural factors, do have less variation than others. When you are deciding wood species for your home decoration, please take your favors and wood characteristics into considerations.
After installation, we suggest you place rugs in corresponding areas or hanging opaque curtains to avoid directly sunlight and to minimize the color variation.